WRH RHC is now offering telemedicine !! Call 843-355-1772 for more info !
Located in Kingstree, SC, Williamsburg Regional Hospital is a fully-accredited, acute care hospital, offering expanded services and technology to the residents of Williamsburg County and the surrounding areas.
Williamsburg Regional Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO); licensed by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC); member of the SC Hospital Association (SCHA) and the American Hospital Association (AHA).
The hospital is supported, in part, by the taxpayers of Williamsburg County, the Williamsburg Regional Hospital Foundation, the contributions of local citizens, and other organizations.
Thank you for choosing Williamsburg Regional Hospital; A Higher Standard of Caring. Our goal is to deliver the best healthcare available to the residents of Williamsburg County and the surrounding area as we seek to make the community healthier. With the help of dedicated physicians, employees, volunteers and board members, along with your continued support and encouragement, we continue our passionate pursuit of excellence. Williamsburg Regional Hospital's mission is to provide excellence in patient care in an environment that is respectful of others, adaptave to change, accountable for outcomes, and attentive to the needs of the community. We treat our patients as we would our families; visitors and fellow employees as we would our friends; the community as our partner; and our hospital as we would our home. Williamsburg Regional Hospital provides excellence in patient care in an environment that is respectful of others, adaptive to change, accountable for outcomes, and is attentive to the needs of the community.
The first hospital in Williamsburg County, Kelley Sanatorium, was established in 1919 and was located on Academy Street near the town center of Kingstree, SC. The original hospital structure burned on January 27, 1938, resulting in the construction of a new brick structure at the same location, re-named Kelly Memorial Hospital. This structure served the needs of the community for many years, until 1962, when the vision of a new hospital facility for the county, Williamsburg County Memorial Hospital, began.
In 1965, Williamsburg County Memorial Hospital opened its doors at the present 50,800-square-foot-facility located at 500 Nelson Boulevard, Kingstree, SC. In 1980, a 5997-square-foot Emergency Department was opened to replace the existing two-bed department . A new 5604-square-foot patient wing was added in 1980. In 1996, the hospital was purchased by Quorum Health Group, Inc.
Then, in 2001, the hospital was re-purchased by the hospital Board of Directors, and operates as an independent critical access hospital.